Welcome to our centre. Please read this information carefully to assist you in settling your child into the Centre and to answer any questions you may have. If you require more detailed information, or a copy of the activity program, please do not hesitate to consult with the Director or a staff member. The Centre’s Policy Manual is available in the admin’s office for you to view at any time.
- We are located at 160 Hamersley Road, Subiaco
- Number of places : 50
- Age range of children: 4-14yrs
Mission, Vision and Core Values of the Centre
To provide a high quality and affordable out of school hours child care service for Primary School age children which meets the varied demands of the working parent, the student parent and as demand/vacancies permit, any other eligible parent.
To engage children and families of our community in a supportive and safe environment, where each child’s skills and interests are nurtured through our programs and play.
Our centre will create a fun and stimulating learning environment where each child can create lasting memories through engaging experiences. Each individual will be valued, treated with a sense of responsibility and encouraged to reach their full potential through a holistic approach and supportive network.
Our Core Values
– Integrity – An organisation that is trustworthy, transparent and honest
– Relationships – Where connections are fostered between the staff, children, families and the community
– Communication – Where new ideas are cultivated and members of our community are engaged
– Collaboration – Working together building trust of our functional group, where each child, educator and family are valued.
– Respect – Modelling positive interactions where all individuals are considered and valued.
– Fun – Providing exciting and enriching experiences, allowing each individual to flourish.
– Quality – Ensuring all work is completed to a high standard.
Management of the Centre (Community Based Services)
The Centre is managed by an Incorporated Committee, comprising of parents who use the service and other community representatives who have an interest in the operations of the service. Parental involvement is very important at a management level to ensure the service is meeting family needs. All families are eligible to be elected onto the Management Committee and are welcome to provide input into the operations of the service at any time. Please feel free to raise any ideas or issues to the centre, or speak to any of the listed Committee Members at any time.
Management Committee Meetings are held periodically over the year. The list of current Committee Members and minutes of these meetings are kept in our office. You are welcome to read them at any time. The Committee is responsible for the operations of the service to ensure it meets all legal requirements and is financially viable.
From time to time the Management Committee may establish sub-committees to take on certain projects or events. All parents are encouraged to participate in these sub-committees or to offer other skills or assistance to the running of the Centre at any opportunity.
During the year, the Committee organises informal social events for parents at whom you can get to know other parents and your Management Committee. You are encouraged to attend these get together to find out a little more about the Centre and to establish friendships with other families that your child will meet at the Centre.